Wednesday, October 29, 2008

An Evening of Upgrade

Good haul tonight.

Hopped on early in the evening, knocked out a quick fishing daily and found a [Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat] in my Bag of Fishing Treasures. Not the crocolisk pet, but very cool just the same.

Our guild then ran two back-to-back groups into Karazhan to take on the special Scourge invasion boss, Tenris Mirkblood. We wiped a twice before we managed to take him down, but it was a fun fight. And he dropped the [Arcanite Ripper], which I won! It's a competitive choice between that or [Legacy], but I love it anyway because 1. It looks badass, 2. It has some nice stats and 3. It's a fucking metal guitar trinket.This puppy transforms me into Bergrisst from Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain, blasts off a sweet AoE fire effect and rips a butt-rockin' metal riff for about ten seconds. Tight.

After the Kara runs, three or four of us headed up to Winterspring and Azshara to farm Necrotic Runes and random Scourge elites. The Warrior would roll through huge packs of mobs and bring them all in for some awesome AoE action. I love misdirection and volley.Interestingly, if the tank pulled too many mobs, as in2/3 or more of the typical Scourge spawning location, he'd group them all together, I'd volley and the whole pack would evade and run back to their original positions. Wonder if that was a mechanic set in place to deter heavy AoE farming. We had no trouble at all with our groups. We eventually found a Scourge invasion point in Winterspring and had it all to ourselves for the duration. Not bad at all. I ended the night with over 200 Necrotic Runes and a fancy new chest piece - [Blessed Hauberk of Undead Slaying].

So yeah, busy night, and didn't leave any time for Mission: Ambassador. I did, however, drop by Thunder Bluff to turn in about four completed quests for Wailing Caverns. Know how much TB rep that earned me? Ziiiillch. Nada. Ah well, at least I got the WC achievement. :D

No comments: