Thursday, October 23, 2008

New goals

There are a number of kickass achievements included WoW these days and I've decided that the most realistic one I want is [Ambassador of the Horde]. All this requires is Exalted status with the five Horde factions - Silvermoon, Undercity, Orgrimmar, Thunder Bluff and the Darkspear Trolls.

I'm of course Revered already with my home faction, Silvermoon, and have sympathetic rep through Honored with the remaining four groups. So I wonder how much I can boost the rep with each of these factions, both directly and sympathetically, if I went back and started from the newbie zones with each and every one?

This tactic worked when I wanted a Stormwind horse for my gnome, so why not here, with my level 70 hunter? Might be time-consuming, but theoretically it should go much faster with the higher level and an epic mount. Even if I don't get a specific faction to Exalted with their specific 1-20 newbie quests, I should definitely continue gaining sympathetic Horde rep to that faction through other major quests. And I'm pretty sure I skipped a LOT of content / quests on Paquita in leveling her so fast.

The Big Issue will be having to mouse over every NPC to see if they have a quest for me, as opposed to automatically seeing an exclamation point for quests of my own level.

There are quite a few benefits to this plan - 1. Ambassador title, 2. at least 4 more mounts, 3. the achievement for gaining Exalted status with at least five factions, 4. achievements for numbers of quests completed in various continents of Azeroth, as well as the general 1500 quest achievement, 5. The many possible achievements for completing old world dungeons while following the lower level questlines, and 6. the opportunity for exploration achievements.

OK, so this idea is COMPLETELY based on opportunities within the achievement system. :D

But it sounds fun, no?

No comments: