Thursday, October 2, 2008

Changes

This is going to sound weird and a bit idiotic, but I’m actually getting sad that November 13, 2008, is only seven weeks away. I finally feel like I’m experiencing a lot of what The Burning Crusade has to offer, but then I realize that it’s soon going to slip away when Arthas makes his big return.

Good news is that it sounds like it won’t be as gaping a hole from BC to WotLK as when BC hit vanilla WoW. Someone mentioned last night on vent that they’d taken their copied character to 80 in the beta and that they were only just starting to replace the major gear. Of course, I’m pretty sure this guy has been running SSC, Tempest Keep and Mount Hyjal, so those are some pretty hefty items.

I’ve mentioned before that I’ve been slowly chipping away at all of my major goals in WoW. Last night I finally got the chance to see Moroes die a slow (and hopefully painful) death. It’s incredible how quickly and efficiently it happened, but not surprising at all since this particular group has been working Karazhan for about 2 solid months now.

So that was my big happy. I finally got to roll with a raid past Moroes and on through Maiden, The Opera Event (Romulo and Julianne) and Curator (definitely my favorite boss voice). Actually got some loot too, which was cool – picked up Romulo’s Poison Vial and Garona’s Signet Ring. Also got a total of nine Badges of Justice, which allowed me to splurge on the Blood Knight War Cloak, my first-ever Badge purchase.

We attempted Nightbane three or four times before giving up – just too much crazy with the terrors and charred earth. Very cool-looking dragon, though.

No comments: