Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ambassador Accomplished

The final stretch of the rep achievement was a bit tedious, but at least it involved a quick foray into Razorfen Kraul to kill Charlga Razorflank, earning me another 10 achievement points.

Reached Exalted with the Horde around 7am this morning, after an all-night session. Ambassador Paquita - woohoo!Might I also add, that with her Scourge purples, a new new hair-do and the Tabard of the Argent Dawn, Paquita has never looked better. I'm enjoying it now, since I fear she will soon be resigned to Skittledom in the frozen lands of Northrend.

Hallow's End, well, ended around 3am this morning as well. I kept putting off the [G.N.E.R.D. Rage] achievement, which was the final goal for the "Hallowed" title (that is, assuming Blizzard removes the [A Mask For All Occasions] requirement). I had four G.N.E.R.D. candies left on a 5-day duration, and had planned to use them in a battleground or something and achieve the 50 required kills fairly easily.

However, a massive group of Alliance players got a wild bug up their collective asses this evening and decided to zerg Silvermoon and Orgrimmar. So I ported to Org, popped a G.N.E.R.D. and got down to killing.They pushed in on Thrall, got shoved back out and then got cornered into the little alcove outside his throne room. Then they rushed back in and we eventually decimated them down (see below). Of course, I died three times during this fight, losing a G.N.E.R.D. candy each time, and while I managed to get my 50 kills while defending a major city for the [City Defender] achievement, 8 of those didn't seem to count for [G.N.E.R.D. Rage].Of course, the lot of us were all dressed up at this point with no one to dance with, so we descended on Stormwind for a half-hearted fight across the Valley of Heroes and into the main tunnel of the Trade District. Got my [G.N.E.R.D. Rage] there, so I was happy.I died fairly quickly, and rezzed in the sewers below the bridge. I was all set to Dimensionally Rip over to Everlook, when I saw a Night Elf hunter running out of the water toward me. I knew what was coming, and I was only at 1/3 health, so I waved, smiled, grinned and flexed at him. Must have made an impression, because he paused, shot me a couple of times and then paused again. I smiled at him again and patted his cat. Then I wished him farewell and began my portal to Everlook. He must have realized what was happening in the last 2 or 3 seconds, because he said something in Elvish and made a motion to shoot - but I ported out at exactly that moment. It was awesome. Even took his Hunter's Mark with me to Everlook, haha!
Pretty awesome end to the evening.

On another far more ADULT note I saw this Craigslist link posted on the Analog Hole Gaming forums:

That is...extremely specific. I find it interesting that she didn't specify whether her preferred man play Horde or Alliance. :D

No comments: