Friday, January 2, 2009

Happeh too thousanine!

Another month of no posts.

Granted, it was a fairly busy month on and offline.

Hit 80 a few days after that last update. Immediately started pugging heroics and learning boss fights. I did my due diligence, saved my badges, upgraded gear, gems and enchants, wore my tabards and listened to BRK podcasts like a dedicated hunter should.

A month, later, Be.Imba says I’m geared for Eye of Eternity, 25-man. I highly doubt its accuracy in that claim, but it’s a nice thought. Haven’t started Naxx yet with my guild. Many folks are still taking their time getting up to 80. Interesting how an expansion throws everything out of whack for a while. Guildies I know who joined the guild this summer and leveled their characters from 1-70 just in time for Wrath’s release had the pleasure of catching up to the raiders and chugging right on through the new content. Now quite a few of them are 80 and running heroics with the rest of us, while some who were previously on the high end of the guild are still working their way to 80.

It is not all happiness, if course. My most hated boss at the moment is Loken of the Halls of Lightning. Bastard is a son of a horticulturalist on heroic. Second would be Skadi of Utgarde Pinnacle, whose gauntlet tore us to pieces until we found the rhythm and learned to take it slow and steady. Third most hated (though she has been downgraded now to just annoying) is Keristrasza of the Nexus. Again she was tough until we learned to keep moving, and now I find her annoying if only because the achievement for keeping her ticking debuff off for more than 3 seconds remains elusive.

My most favorite bosses (in no order) are probably Anomalus of the Nexus (he just looks cool, and the environment is stunning), Malganis of CoT: Culling of Stratholme (very easy on heroic, but it’s cool to see him again), and Anub’arak (as opposed to the old Barack) of Azjol-Nerub (a tough and fast-paced fight at the end of a tough and fast-paced run, he’s a pain, but I really enjoy this fight for some reason).

I’ve hardly been questing at all since hitting 80, thought I know there are probably over 100 more non-daily quests out there for me somewhere. I’ve meandered my way through Icecrown, happily stumbling onto the Matthias Lehner questline. If you see the ghostly lad, do as he says and you’ll be rewarded with some of the coolest quests since Wrathgate.

I’ve been slowing down a tad on WoW, though. Part of it is probable burn-out on the endgame of Wrath, though I don’t intend to actually “quit” WoW anytime soon. There’s plenty of content to enjoy yet, and I’m not having any serious issues with my guild.

The downtime from endgame content has consisted of leveling my little Troll priest. She’d been 32 for nearly 6 months when I dusted her off last weekend, bringing her up to level 42 by Monday. I thought perhaps that I would be more motivated to quest if I had a bit more firepower, so I respecced Shadow (with my meager talent point selection). Amazingly, I hate Shadow. Reminds me too much of playing with my warlock, and without the benefit of a demon pet. So I switched back to Holy with a few points in Discipline and carried on my merry way. I’m still completing red and orange quests without much trouble, so I’m content with the Holy tree. Plus I very much want to heal, so I want to be as familiar with the Holy spell arrangement as possible as I get closer and closer to 70 and 80. I don’t think it will take very long. I had a Ret pally questing with me from level 32-42, and then I was offline until yesterday. I logged in last night and he was already at 54. My god, leveling is easy as effing hell these days. I’d say it was obscenely so if I didn’t want to get to 80 and start healing already.

My Xbox 360 repair page is showing that maintenance has been completed, and that the console is apparently on its way back to me. So that’s cool. I’ve definitely been missing that old thing, and Gears of War 2 has been taunting me for over a month now.

Also purchased Fallout 3 through Steam this week, a sure sign I’m jonesin’ for some non-WoW entertainment. I would have preferred playing it on the Xbox, and thus on my 37” TV, but the PC works. Very, very interesting game so far. I didn’t play the previous incarnations, so I don’t know if there’s some over-arching story continued in this one, but it’s quite fun.

No comments: