Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First day of cool

Head Start key for the bloody win.

Only had an hour and a half to screw around yesterday after work, so I polished off some auctions and dutifully completed my fishing and cooking quests in WoW, logged off, and quickly jumped into Warhammer Online. Officially.

As an aside, I find it odd that I haven’t actually been asked to subscribe yet. I entered my billing information on the Mythic site over the weekend, but it doesn’t seem to have retained that info. Perhaps that will come on the 18th, when the rest of the players hit the servers.

So of course I logged in and immediately created my Dwarf Runepriest, Cottle. I briefly considered an Open RvR server, but upon reading the description in closer detail, I figured I should familiarize myself with the game mechanics a bit more before diving into that insanity. Maybe I’ll save it for my Destruction experience.

I plowed through all the starting Dwarf quests in about 45 minutes. Got into the first public quest area and parked my character for the night.

I really like the public quest system. It’s great how you can run in and have this ragtag group of players running around killing shit and still complete the quest objectives on the larger scale. And it’s repeatable! That’s also a great aspect of this game – options in leveling. You can PvP from level 1 for however long you want, provided your Renown Rank doesn’t bump with your level. You can grind mobs and get additional XP with kill collector quest turn-ins. You can hit up public quests and just run those over and over if you want. Or you can just fucking head off into the wild and explore. There are viable rewards for ALL of these paths.

No comments: