Thursday, December 6, 2007

And...another alt.

On a lighter note, I did create a new character on another server to join a podcast guild. I always wanted to try that, as I missed the boat on some of the other guilds rooted in WoW podcast fandom. It’s a newer show, and it’s a little outside of my demographic, but I enjoy listening, and they seem like nice people. No details now, as I need to wait and see how the guild goes. I rolled a female Blood Elf hunter (I know, I know…but I *like* hunters, and wanted to replay the Ghostlands quests). Plus, I missed not having a pet or minion out there with me when I was leveling the mage.

I wanted to try something new, so I picked up mining and engineering. I’ve always heard that engineering is a PIA to level, and expensive as hell, but I haven’t hit that yet. I was able to hit 75 in both professions easily by level 10. Plus, if I recall, the hunter is usually the last one alive in a group, as they always fucking feign death. So if I have me some jumper cables, I can make myself useful.

It should be interesting to see if the hunter is quicker to level than the mage. Just soloing before I could tame my first pet, I was kiting and shooting through mobs like butter. High volume of arrows needed, but it’s a small price to pay at this point.

Side note: is it just me, or is the bow stance for Blood Elf women totally bass-ackawards? My toon holds the bow out with her left arm, draws with her right, and yet she keeps her left foot forward. It’s like she’s twisting to shoot. And as she cocks the bow sideways, the arrow hangs BELOW the wood; it doesn’t rest on it, as I generally understand it to work. I kinda miss the bad-ass crossbow flip my Dranei hunter had.

Ah, well, her two-handed sword animation totally makes up for it. Reminds me of Beatrix Kiddo.

EDIT: OK, I'm an idiot of epic proportions. The Blood Elf bow stance is not backwards. She's just right-handed. I'm a lefty.

No comments: