Friday, August 17, 2007

My Little Pinto

And things keep rolling on.
I quit the game in May, shortly after my previous post. Got fed up with my lack of decent groups, rep grinds and bags overflowing with mats for professions which seem to go nowhere. I think the tipping point came with one of the patches broke MoveAnything! and I lost all patience with re-organizing my UI.
So I quit. Even cancelled my subscription.
I spared not a thought for WoW for about a month and a half. Even put Warcraft III out of sight in my filing cabinet. No Blizzard memories for me.
Played a bunch of KoTOR: II, SW: Empire at War and LoTR: Battle for Middle Earth. Even dug out the original Age of Empires, the game that fueled my love for RTS.
Then, in July, EA released Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which is a pretty damn amazing game. Great graphics and fun wand-work. The movement controls, though, were a little irritating. It would be much more interesting visually to set Harry on autorun and move the camera at will. Kinda like another game I used to play. A game about war, and the craft therein...
So I returned. Levelled Gnomcot to 29 in a few days. Then I got heartsick for my old Undead warlock, and played on him for about 2 minutes before logging out and rolling a gnew little Gnome warlock on Scarlet Crusade. Got her to 25 over the course of a weekend. Left her alone for a while.
Gnomcot dinged 40 on Wednesday, the same evening he hit exalted with Stormwind and nabbed himself a neat little Pinto.
So, yeah...I'm back in Azeroth, and life is good. For now.

No comments: